Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Celtic Triskele Brooches


I have just been adding these little brooches/badges to my Etsy shop - a little late for St Patrick's Day but hey ho.
I have been having great fun designing and making these, they are entirely embroidered onto a removable backing (badge film) then attached to a 25mm round pin back.   The challenge is to adjust the stitch density and pull so that the design holds together without any gaps and doesn't distort into an oval as it stitches. Having no background fabric means I can easily make them in any colour combination I fancy and I am also using up the offcuts of badge film left from making larger pieces.  If you would like me to make you one in a different colour scheme, just let me know.

Next step is to try them with thicker threads for a hand-stitched look and with some other motifs.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love this motif - there is something very satisfying about it.