Wednesday, January 06, 2010

A small bit of Big Knitting



Remember those big knitting needles I bought back in October? Finally had a go with them one afternoon last week when the Christmas visitors had thinned out enough for me to claim some sofa space. I braved the ice to go up into the store room and grabbed a selection of blues/lavenders from the box of half used balls of wool - there is nothing like the cold to stimulate fast decision making, perhaps we should adopt it as a design exercise - and dived in. After a while, I decided it would make a bag so I used a giant lucet to make a strap, and that is as far as I have got at the moment. In the picture, it is sitting on the fish quilt which is finally finished and labelled. I meant to show this before but it has been in constant use since the last stitch went in, keeping us snug in the evenings while we wait for spring!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Hi Jane, nice bag! Perhaps in this cold weather you should think of knitting yourself a thick jumper to match the bag!