Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Good Day Out

All very exciting - a couple of weeks a go, I had a letter inviting me to show some work in Gloucester in August as part of the Three Choirs Festival, alongside an exhibition of quilts. We were a bit snowed in at the time so it wasn't until today that I visited the venue and met the curator to find out more. It is going to be in a lovely old church in the centre of the city and visiting it has really sparked off some ideas of how to use the space. I did take some photos for reference but there are much better ones and some information about the church here. So watch this space for progress.

On the way out, I found a bookshop having a closing down sale and picked up this lush book of undersea photos for inspiration.

2 comments:

Meg said...

How exciting for you! Any idea as to what you are going to do yet?

JaneO said...

I'm thinking about a long, narrow hanging and hoping to tie it in with the coursework, but haven't really got anything to show yet.