Monday, March 30, 2009

Bits and Pieces

Had a bit of a shopping spree this weekend but it is all good stuff. At the Embroiderers' Guild meeting on Friday, I picked up these lovely metal braids.


They are flat braids but scrunch up nicely - I think they would be great for bracelets with wooden beads stuffed inside. Another one on the "things to try" list.

Saturday was the South West Regional Day at Cannington, near Bridgwater. A chance to hear talks by Audrey Walker and Lucy Goffin on the theme of journeys (and make pages of illegible notes) and to browse in the Guild bookshop. Okay, more than just browsing - I came away with these two new books.


Art Van Go also had a stall, so I stocked up on some small samples of copper shim in different thicknesses and Wirecloth - woven metallic fabric - that I can use in my cogs piece (see here).
A good day all round.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Thankyou for visiting my blog - hope I'm on duty when/if you do get to Ashton Court; we can say hello. I can't tell you which days I'll be there as I haven't seen the stewards' list yet, but I know I'm there on the last day. Love your mini book and altered book on earlier posts and the goodies from the EG meeting and Regional Day look very interesting.